Thursday, August 2, 2007

From Lynn, his sister after visiting from NY

Good Afternoon,
What a pleasure meeting those of you my sister and myself were able to meet this visit. I can not express how comforting it is to know that my brother has such caring and warmth around him. As you both massaged his feet and comforted him, I felt your kindness and sincerity. Each friend I met had a gentleness about them. I would like to add that I believe this light has helped his healing process quicken. On Monday, the 30th, prior to my returning home, I spent the morning with John. He raised himself several times to a sitting position and "hugged" me by leaning his head against my chest. I kissed his head and knew that he will recover. I felt his need and determination to heal. My understanding after speaking with the doctor is that John is thought to be not as responsive as we all seem to see him. However, He is a strong spirit and needs to be reminded that not all are aware of his ability to overcome trauma. Please keep encouraging him. I hope to return as soon as I have accumulated enough leave. I am working behind the scene to get his benefits in order and hopefully a setting where his progress can be encouraged by staff as well.
I look forward to meeting everyone again.
Lynn

No comments: