Friday, August 10, 2007

From his sister, Lynn,

To All,
I wish to thank all of those who remembered my brother in their thoughts and prayers. There were many denominations from around the world praying for him. It is my belief that it is these prayers that have provided the strength for my brothers healing. Please continue to remember him. We thank you all so very, very much.

I would like to share with you the recent good news that I have received concerning my brother John.
He is currently showing great progress. He has been placed in the Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Center in San Jose, California. This site is equipped with the therapeutic staff John will require to continue progressing neurologically. His room is designed to allow him the freedom to move about independently without concern of injury. He requires a helmet as his skull flap has not been replaced as yet. This is due to the possibility of brain swelling during the healing process. It is not as bad as it sounds. He receives 24 hour therapeutic services. Although he continues to require a feeding tube, he has shown great promise in re-learning to swallow.

Hopefully, on my return visit, John and myself can walk around the hospital campus and enjoy the sights and sounds of the day.

Blessed day.

Lynn Kelly

No comments: