Monday, August 6, 2007

From Diksavati

Sunday
Dandavats to all the devotees reading this,

I went to Valley Medical Hospital to see Jatindra Mohan P. I was so surprisingly shocked at his progress since my last visit. I think it's only been a month, but he is doing soooo much better. There is a very wonderful Indian nurse tending to him. Her name is Meena and she said she will come to our temple in SJ. When I told JM that his nurse liked Krsna he very lovingly took her apron and placed it on his head. We were so surprised by this. I took him on a spin in a wheel chair which he liked very much. He wanted to get out and go outside, but I insisted it wasn't time yet. We even went up in the elevator.

He'll meet with a speech doctor tomorrow. As of now he can only whisper very slowly. If he can speak something and swallow his food they'll remove his feeding tube and he can start eating on his own. He tries to pull it out and the staff do not want that. They can't feed him solids through the mouth cause he will get pneumonia. He does have phlegm and he very thin.

He is still very confused about what has happened to him. I told him many times, but it does not register yet. He is getting so much better and I kept reassuring him that he is going to be OK and all his friends have come to see him and miss him very much. He's so anxious to get out of the hospital. He can walk with a walker and supervision. He has to wear a helmet to protect the fragile part of his head which has not healed yet. He is much more coherant. I mentioned a lot of devotees' names and he became so happy remembering you all. I am begging on behalf of Jatindra Mohan, please give up some time to go visit him. He is so alone and in a very sad and lonely situation. He loves to hear from our books. He needs some interaction with other people, beside the hospital staff. Meena asked me today if he had any family close by. So family, please take one hour and drive on over. You will feel so glad you did. I did!!!!!!!

Sincerely with affection,
Diksavati

No comments: